02 v-max 600 triple primary

jr.fmc

Hi, I'm trying to figure out which primary spring I should be running in my sled. It's turning almost 10G , I put a marker line on both clutches and it is certainly the primary not closing all the way, infact only about 3/4 of the way
The clutch currently has a green yellow green spring and 8D600 weights
Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

replace you springs, check belt, check bushings in primary. Is the primary clean? somethings not good in there. total weight of your 8DG-00? What do you have for a secondary helix? Stock? Secondary spring color and twist?

replace you springs, check belt, check bushings in primary. Is the primary clean? somethings not good in there. total weight of your 8DG-00? What do you have for a secondary helix? Stock? Secondary spring color and twist?

I took the primary plate off, pulled the spring out, cleaned everything !
The only thing that made me curious way that there is some "wiggle" play in the sheath when I move it in and out should there be any wiggle in that putter sheath?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just took mine apart also. I also had some wobble. I think this is normal, I am not positive. My understanding is that u wanna put the cap back on there without the spring and it should slide back and forth without binding and slide freely. Also when I had the cap and movable sheave on there together without the spring it barely had any wobble.

Did you do anything to the secondary? I had a very similar problem I was told to run a silver in the secondary and it was so stiff I didn't have any shift out, especially with a 43 helix. I guess if your drag racing running a super steep helix it was ok but on a daily rider it's not what I wanted.

Back