Viper Upgrade Suspension Question

bhall80

VIP Member
I will be hopefully purchasing Vipers 02 (Blue 2200 mi) and 04 ( Red 4500 mi) both with ER soon. I have owned this sled before and kept it all stock in the past but since I am returning to the two stroke world I would like to make the sled a better ride on the trails to prevent back and leg fatigue. Most of my miles will be on my Sidewinder going forward but I feel the need to rip on the SX Viper once in awhile! Am I crazy? Anyway, I ride moderately aggressive always on trail.

This question has been asked a lot on this site and I've read a lot of the responses so i do apologize for re-do on this question. Just looking for quick thoughts. I will be starting with the 02 blue Viper and I'm thinking of a boss seat, 2 inch rise on the bars possibly extending the track to 128 inches and upgrading the shocks to Ohlins all the way around or stock shock rebuild. If I move forward on some combination.. will this set up really help trail performance or is it best to go straight to an M-10 or Monoshock set up?

I'm unsure what I'm doing with the 2004... I was only after the 02 but it was a package deal.

I do have a 2014 Viper LTX SE and 2017 Sidewinder LTX DX in the family and I love the ride on the Pro-Cross set up for long trail days. Early review on the SW from my perspective is awesome! I only have 40 miles on it (last weekend in a rain storm) but the acceleration is fierce! I was actually laughing in my helmet as I hit the throttle on the first straight. What I didn't like is the darting on the tuner III skis but is an entirely different conversation.

My setup--- SC10III skid,,,, SLP-SLT skis ,, rides like a dream an rails...................

Edge skid here. Love it!, On my SX viper S I have ohlins in the rear! Huge huge improvement over stock

I love the Monoshock on my 03, huge improvement. I really don't think anything done to the proaction would compare honestly. Lighter too

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

'03 Viper ER
Have a 136" mono skid stretched to 144" riding on a Fox Mega Float at 160psi (I'm 180 w/ gear).. This baby grips and rips in the powder fields out here in CO. Then when I hit mountain logging roads/trails and encounter heavy bumps, I rarely drop below 30-40 cuz this thing likes to eat! I'm very happy with my setup, but will look to swap front shocks soon is all.

Back