Deleting ER

yammitrip1

Just recently purchased a sx viper S for a trail sled as my viper with SLP pipes is more of a play sled now.

Being as I am 24 and don't need reverse and electric start, what all do I have to do to delete the electric start. I don't want my guage going bonkers after I unhook the battery and pull the harness. The last time I did this, I just pulled the harness out of my other sled and installed a regular viper harness.

I can't do it to this one as I still want the function of the Det sensor. Lmk if any of you guys have done this and succeeded

If it's a viper s the e start and reverse were add ons. Just pull starter, starter harness, battery tray, ring gear and unhook e start relay lead. The smoothing coils should be in right side footwell. Then convert chain case back to reg. Cover and guts is all ya need.

Just recently purchased a sx viper S for a trail sled as my viper with SLP pipes is more of a play sled now.

Being as I am 24 and don't need reverse and electric start, what all do I have to do to delete the electric start. I don't want my guage going bonkers after I unhook the battery and pull the harness. The last time I did this, I just pulled the harness out of my other sled and installed a regular viper harness.

I can't do it to this one as I still want the function of the Det sensor. Lmk if any of you guys have done this and succeeded

If you happen to be in Michigan I would gladly trade you chain cases or the necessary pieces.

There is three relays, which one is the e start relay? What do I do with the smoothing coils?

Starter relay is one on top of battery cover. You do nothing with smoothing coils other then make sure they are there and hooked up to harness. They look like D batteries in the right foot well.

Back