Anyone try one of these? for Mtn Viper

well bought it and unless i want to put two holes thru my heat exchanger there is no way this will work...what a horrible waste of money. company told me it would work so misleading advertising for sure. 151 tunnel would work but not a 144. sucks when modern stuff just wont work with older obsolete sleds. wish i could just find an ekholm old school gas rack somewhere. .gonna have to try to bastardize this somehow...so much for a five minute install.

Just drill out the rivets and drop your cooler and re-rivet once the gas can rail is in place. Maybe even use a spacer if it gives you peace of mind.

do you have pics of what you did to yours? The back rail basically would have to be placed right through the rivets of the heat exchanger...Either that or I would have to place it on the the piece of metal that attaches to my snow flap

Someone else's sled and not here, but it sure seems like it was easy. I can't remember if they just mounted both together or separate. You can drill the heat exchanger anywhere on the mounting flange, just not where the water jacket is.

Maybe lay yours out and take a pic. Is yours the stock Mtn Viper tunnel extension and cooler. If so I have those on a sled that is here (just no gas can rail on that one). It does have angle stock for tying things to though which is likely in nearly the same place as the rail you have needs to go. I will give it a look tomorrow.

Last edited:

Back