Crankcase and number 1&2 cylinders full of gas?

HDYAMAHA84

So the other night I got my wife's venom ready. Clean carbs, grease, etc.. went to start it again tonight and wouldn't turn over? So I pull the plugs and they're soaked?! Turned it over and gas shot 10 ft in the air! Pulled the exhaust off and gas poured out of it! What caused this?! Never seen this before!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Needle & seat in carbs allowing fuel to flow by. Most common cause is the stiffening/cracking of o-ring around the outside of the seat that needs to seal the OD of the brass seat to the ID of the alum carb body. Next would be the needle tip not sealing to the seat properly, replace each set. Less common would be the float not floating or an issue with the float tang/needle connection.

Hmmmm...would the *** end being elevated have anything to do with it? It's just odd to me that it would just do it all at once? Never had one problem with this sled. Had it for 3 years

It could, depending on how high it's elevated. But you said only 2 of the 3 cyls were filled, why not the 3rd then?
Them needle seat o-rings get stiff and don't seal so well, you've had sled for 3 yrs but it's still 10+ years old, have those O-rings ever been changed that you know of?

Yeah I know it's weird? I should say #3's spark plug wasn't wet. I'm not sure if they have or not? I'm gonna say no..it has 4000 miles on it. But I had the rear end up to check everything and after I cleaned the carbs I ran it. Shut it off and never let it down.

If the back is lifted up so the track is off the ground at a typical test run or storage height, the gas shouldn't run from the tank thru to fill the engine & exhaust if everything is working properly. I'd pull the float bowls and see what's going on in there. Another possibility could be a plugged fuel tank vent and pressure build up in the tank forcing fuel thru the carb needle/seat, not as common though.

What's a way to get gas out of the crank case?

You did it:

HDYAMAHA84 said:
...So I pull the plugs and they're soaked?! Turned it over and gas shot 10 ft in the air! Pulled the exhaust off and gas poured out of it!...

If it doesn't fire up after this, hold the throttle wide open and keep cranking until it fires and starts to run on it's own, playing with the throttle as needed to keep it going. It'll clear up eventually, may need to replace or clean plugs.

This happened to me about a month ago accept just the one cyl on pipe side , I let it warm and got 2 mins down the trail and my sled shut down pulled plugs out the one was wet figured it locked up but once I pulled it over gas shot 10 ft in the air pulled it 40 times put plug back in and I have about 800 kms on it since it was -30 out that morning and I had it in my warm garage the night before very weird for it to only happen the once

Back