98 srx 700 how high should my belt ride up my primary sheeves?

700srxrob

Hey guys I took a marker and marked my primAry went out and ran it for a day holding it lots only got 90 mph on Gps it was shit conditions but it's revving at 8500 get home and there's about a inch and a half of marker still not touched ??

then your geared too high in the chaincase for the speed your wanting to run in a certain distance, or the sec. clutch is not opening up all the way. you say it was bad conditions, you might also have the sec clutch trying to backshift because of increased laod with wet snow etc.

if everything optimum, youll get the belt up to about 1/4-3/8" from top of front clutch, that's as far as they go in a Yamaha clutch unless the sheaves are machined for overdrive.

you may wanna retest it once in better snow and see if you get better shift out before you tear too far into it, I give ideas on things that could be wrong, but conditions will play a role like I was talking about load on engine and the rear clutch is torq. sensitive.

Going out again this weekend gonna see how much marker is gonna wear off I can actually see that the belt has recently been to the top of the sheeves maby I was just seeing things but it's still funny I'm only getting 90 mph I got the dalton 51 43 set up www with ggg springs and 8bu set up it might be the track rubbing my tunnel protectors slowing me at that speed I'll figure it out takes time I guess thnx for helping me out

Back