99 venture 700 heated grips??

Vector88

I have a problem with the heated grips for the passenger on my 99 venture 700. The handle bar warmers work excellent. Just the back passenger ones won't work. I'm wondering if it's the switch or the grips itself. Anyone know what I can check?

I have a problem with the heated grips for the passenger on my 99 venture 700. The handle bar warmers work excellent. Just the back passenger ones won't work. I'm wondering if it's the switch or the grips itself. Anyone know what I can check?

I have the same exact problem with my 2001 Venture 500 mine did not even have the switch in the back for on and off I bought a new one from Yamaha dealer still does not work I'm not getting power at the connectors I think my problem is inside the seat since the wires run inside the seat and the owner before me had the seat recovered could you take pictures of the wires connectors and switch setup on the back of yours I did get this from another member if it helps DSC_3463.jpg

Familiar photo. :)
You need to check over the circuits with a multimeter and established where you have continuity and 12v. Then you can isolate and repair the problem.

Last edited:
You need to check over the circuits with a multimeter and established where you have continuity and 12v. Then you can isolate and repair the problem.
Hi Vincent funny thing is in my case my tail light works and the power for the rear warmers comes from the tail light wire as shown in the diagram. and the wires run inside the seat so if there is some kinda splice or connector inside the seat where you have to remove the staples and take the cover and foam off to get at the wires correct me if I'm wrong. Any one on here with a two up ever have the seat apart to see the harness that runs inside the seat?

I have the same exact problem with my 2001 Venture 500 mine did not even have the switch in the back for on and off I bought a new one from Yamaha dealer still does not work I'm not getting power at the connectors I think my problem is inside the seat since the wires run inside the seat and the owner before me had the seat recovered could you take pictures of the wires connectors and switch setup on the back of yours I did get this from another member if it helps View attachment 62745

that diagram helps. Atleast I know where to start now. I'll get you some pictures tomorrow of my set up. Switch is just below the left passenger hand warmer on mine.

I guess there was two different kinda switch set ups for the rear a simple on off and a high off low switch what one do you have?

Pics of the switch I have

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2172.jpg
    IMG_2172.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3

Back