sx viper hood repair

018smitty

My hood on my 2002 SX Viper is splitting inside the groove that goes over the belly pan. The hood is awesome otherwise, iWP_20170210_18_04_03_Pro.jpgs there a fix for this or am i gonna need a new hood?

There was a fix to keep that from happening. The Tech Bulletin is in the Tech Pages. I am sure it could be repaired either by welding or the right plastic bonder. However, I recommend reading the bulletin so you can see what caused it. IMO they simply did not make the inner lip strong enough for any sled that bounces down bumpy trails or flies through the air. Of course they billed this sled as a Big Bump Sled.

Thx for the info, that is exactly what i was looking for. I thought i saw this somewhere and could not find it again. I think i might try some JB Weld

Ive had great luck with gorilla super glue to secure the lip. I drench the lip with it. Then i take a liberal amount of hot glue on the outside of the lip to build it up and give it support. Daughters vipers been running that way for a while. Sometimes i have to redo it at the beginning of the season but this time been holding for a few now.

Back