2000 srx 700 heel clicker setup for 660' ice run

Dturn

Hi All,

I am getting my heel clicker 40-10 setup later this week, and was hoping to get some different opinions on heel and tip weight configurations with the helix options I have.
The sled will be running stock 700 in 660' ice in the winter and 400' grass in the summer. I am new to raceing and hoping for some starting points. From everything I read on here I want to leave the center hole empty.
45-41 advant-edge
53-47 dalton

Thanks;)!

I found this one as well.

40/10 hc,s
red hc primary spring
apex/rx1 helix
5 grams heel & 4 tip
yamaha green secondary spring at 60 wrap

This was from Turk who seems to be mentioned a lot. Yet I don't have that helix I have the 45/41 advent edge!

I found this one as well.

"no heel weight, 4.3 center hole, set screw in tip(use locktite on it), red primary, 15.6mm rollers, 49/41 helix with green dot Yamaha spring at 70-80 , around 21/40, 21/39 gears, depends on how good suspension hooks/studs you may need to go to a silver dot sec spring at 60-70.

you want 8000-8100rpm out of the gate, climb to 8500rpm max at 400ft out. test,test,test,test"......... Mr Viper.

I guess where I am confused is why some say leave the center hole empty and some say fill it. Any Thoughts

In case anyone cares to know. I am starting with 4grams in the tip, 0grams in the middle, and 3grams in the heel with red HC spring for Primary. In the secondary I will have a Green Dot at 70 twist, 45/41 Advant Edge Helix, and a Yamaha OEm Belt. I also ground down the bottom washer that sits next to the roller on the heel. It sure looked like it would hit the roller. My engagement is about 5100. I will be testing tomorrow morning so I will keep you informed on rpms for a 660' run. Hopefully my phone GPS app with work for getting speed.

I went testing yesterday. Once I got the suspension dialed in I was able to get a pretty decent 60' and got 93mph on gps in 660'. I was spinning some but the conditions were not great warm so the ice was a little soft. I was thinking about adding a little weight to the heel to lower the engagement a bit so I don't spin so much. My rpms were between 8400-8500. Any thoughts? I guess I don't know where a good dialed in SRX that's stock except for heel clickers should be for et or speed.

Thanks

Derek

I dont know why anyone hasnt posted abut any of your questions. Sounds like you are doing pretty well and I remember reading a post saying the stocker should be around 93-96 so sounds like you are on the right track so to speak. You must have had some fun doing your testing "old school" lol. As for your launch I dont think you should go with a lower engagement, depending on studs that is. I adjusted my stock suspension so that there is practically NO spinning, without bender transfer rods. I can nail the throttle, of course skis come up more than 3 inches, I dont know how high exactly but feels like a foot lol, when skis come down the speedo says 80 mph which is after 300 feet approx, NOT much more. So I think with a little more suspension tuning you can achieve your launch.

Oh I didnt realize you launched at 5100 and the phone app may not be the greatest but at least you can establish a baseline.

Oh I didnt realize you launched at 5100 and the phone app may not be the greatest but at least you can establish a baseline.

Hey thanks for your input! I did get an actual GPS for testing. I was also thinking about adding a littie tip weight. I feel like i am lacking midrange
I really need to notch the weights but I am not there yet I may have to use this on a upcoming snowmobile trip. As far as studs I have a post going on that as well. I just got a new track and studs. .725 2ply fully clipped with 192 1.187 Lake racer studs.

Here's my setup I run on my heelclickers this is for 660ft snow/ice drags
Red primary spring
5 grams heel
Mid empty
7-8 grams tip
Silver dot yamaha secondary
Wrapped to 60 70 on a warm day
50/38 Dalton helix
21/40 gears
Suspension was setup to Mrviper recommendations with only a couple inches of lift
168 1.2 Woodys Chisels on a 9811 speed track
Never had it on timers but won a few races with this setup against the F7s and 800s
Now we don't run picks in stock or Improve class

Wow that sounds like an awesome set up, could that set up be used as a good trail/lake set up with stock gearing and no chisel studs

Here's my setup I run on my heelclickers this is for 660ft snow/ice drags
Red primary spring
5 grams heel
Mid empty
7-8 grams tip
Silver dot yamaha secondary
Wrapped to 60 70 on a warm day
50/38 Dalton helix
21/40 gears
Suspension was setup to Mrviper recommendations with only a couple inches of lift
168 1.2 Woodys Chisels on a 9811 speed track
Never had it on timers but won a few races with this setup against the F7s and 800s
Now we don't run picks in stock or Improve class
Thanks for the info!
Did you notch your weights?
What do you mean you dont run picks now?
What you doing with your limiting straps?
I am going to get a silver dot spring as that seems to be the favorite over the green dot for drag racing.

Thanks again!

Derek

No the weights weren't notched with this setup but my weights are notched now and still run this setup for Snow Drags my engagement now with the notch is 5800 rpm but I run a 1.75 backcountry track on it for 500 ft Snow Drags
My limiters strap are right tight plus another hole drilled she sit flat and hook up great

Srx007 Yupp this setup would be great for fast trail or lake with stock gearing, but just don't notch the weight my setup was great for racing

Last edited:
No the weights weren't notched with this setup but my weights are notched now and still run this setup for Snow Drags my engagement now with the notch is 5800 rpm but I run a 1.75 backcountry track on it for 500 ft Snow Drags
My limiters strap are right tight plus another hole drilled she sit flat and hook up great

Srx007 Yupp this setup would be great for fast trail or lake with stock gearing, but just don't notch the weight my setup was great for racing

Great info! Thanks
How do you get a 1.75" track under that skid? LOL

I removed all protectors and she fits like a glove still room for a 2 inch paddle track

any idea of your mph ?....i know some doesnt do good mph but get off the line like a rocket

Hey Need a srx,
Did you have to modify your clutch to get 7to8 grams in the tip. Mine weight hits the spider on the way up!

Thanks

Hey Need a srx,
Did you have to modify your clutch to get 7to8 grams in the tip. Mine weight hits the spider on the way up!

Thanks

I did not have to modify the clutch to run that weight just ground off a lil bit of the bolt face to clear the pocket
Take your heelclicker weight to a hardware store and scale, weight some bolts and nuts to make 7 or 8 grams in weight to add to your heelclicker weight just add some thread locker on it and test

Back