Mounting SX Viper front shocks on a SRX

AttakMax

Does anyone have pics or suggestions on the mounting bracket or system used to retrofit these into the SRX chassis? I'm fabricating my own brackets and looking for pics to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I have some sx brackets supposedly on the way so that I can mount some floats in the front of my sled. Ordered them first of Jan and haven't seen them yet. Backordered I guess. When I get them I can post up what I do with them...

Perfect, thanks. However, do your floats have the clevis top mount? I'm using SX Viper Ohlins with the clevis top mount to go on a SRX that uses a standard eye top mount.IMG_2554.JPG

What spacer are you referring to?? I was looking at the parts fiche with regards to that bushing. Just trying to figure out how to make it work.

Last edited:
SRX is a different setup than that. The bracket that is used to attach the shock top to the chassis is bolted on with two bolts.

ahhh. I always assumed it was the same bulkhead as vmax and viper. looks like your only option is to make a custom bracket.

Does anyone have pics or suggestions on the mounting bracket or system used to retrofit these into the SRX chassis? I'm fabricating my own brackets and looking for pics to point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Pic of bracket to accommodate Viper shocks on to an SRX.

Attachments

• DSC03990 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03990 (Medium).JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03983 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03983 (Medium).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for the pic. Is that just an old shock top mount welded on a plate?

A member here (BeTheViper) made them but essentially, yes. As you can see in the pic, the bracket protrudes through the belly pan plastic to accommodate the longer Viper shock. Are you widening the ski stance too (Venture radius/tie rods)?

Back