Heavy Front End! Please Help!

Lil' Mtndreamer

Hello everybody! I need some help with my snowmobile it's a 2004 Yamaha Viper and I want to be able to throw the front end around a little easier and lighten up on the front, do you just loosen the limiter straps on the front of the skid? Do you also tighten the front shocks, is that all I need to do for this? Thanks for the help everybody, very much appreciated!

If you are talking about more weight transfer, like being able to lift the skis better you might want to get some aftermarket transfer rods.

If you are talking about more weight transfer, like being able to lift the skis better you might want to get some aftermarket transfer rods.
I don't have transfer rods. We cut them off and replaced them with rubber straps.

Do I loosen or tighten the rear transfer straps?

no. without the coupling rods the the straps just keep rear of suspension from drooping too far. Your suspension should be completely uncoupled at this point and already have more ski lift. if you need more you can add preload to front track shock and loosen front limit straps a little if not already out all the way.

remove sway bar if on trail handling isnt biggest concern.

no. without the coupling rods the the straps just keep rear of suspension from drooping too far. Your suspension should be completely uncoupled at this point and already have more ski lift. if you need more you can add preload to front track shock and loosen front limit straps a little if not already out all the way.

remove sway bar if on trail handling isnt biggest concern.
Awesome! Thanks so much!!

Back