91 Phazer 2 problem . Advice? Help?!

Rat tail rider

So I bought a 91 Phazer II cheap. Went on a couple rides then on the 3rd trip I decided to get a new belt. Well, 20 miles or less later I started getting a noise that sounded like a jackshaft bearing at first so I stopped and rode double back to my truck and loaded it up and bought it to the shop to see if I could figure out the problem. I removed the secondary clutch the chain and sprockets and the shaft but I didn't see any real bad bearings. I decided to reassemble and make sure the chain wasn't loose and see if I could figure it out a little more before I started ordering parts... but I really have to admit I'm not real experienced with sleds , so I thought I would ask for some advice before I continue. Could this be a problem with my primary clutch? Any other things I should check or should I just bite the bullet and do both sets of bearings and see if that fixes it before going further? I know some of this may seem elementary to some of you but any advice or ideas would be appreciated

A brand new belt does accentuate any issues w/ the drive bearings. Simply because it is the proper width and the clutching system(as a whole)performs better.
If it was mine, I would at least change out the speedo side bearing on the jack shaft.

Thanks! I did a little shopping online and they really aren't expensive so I'm just gonna get all the bearings and go through it . See how that does it

I just did the jack shaft bearing on my phazer, OEM was like $70 or $80, I went with all balls brand, I think it was less than $20

Back