Power Valves arent Power Valving !?

UpNorthSRX

My YPVS are set up according to the service manual and the valves are all clean along with the ports. Started up the sled (1800rmp) the servo just rocks back and forth slightly I'm guessing due to the voltage fluctuation coming in from idle. When you crack the throttle the servo pulls them open slightly, as you keep increasing throttle it will not open them up any more even up at 7000rpm. I have excellent spark, no weak headlight. Also I know the valves move nice and freely because I just cleaned them. Could this be a possible ground issue ? Maybe Stator? I'm stumped and unfamiliar as this is my very first Yamaha. 1999 SRX 700sc. Thanks for any help or info provided !!!

Edit: I double checked the adjustment. The valves open slightly when I first crack the throttle. still, up at higher rpm, they don't open...

Last edited:

I have answered my own question lol... ground wire in behind the vent/shroud on the left hand side was loose. everything moves properly now and I am able to go above 7000rpm. BRING THE SNOW!!!

Back