2001 SRX 700 Running on 2 Cyls.

P.S.3545

Ran the sled last season, was running fine when I parked it, started twice during the summer started it for a few minutes, last week I stated it and ran like crap, I cleaned the carbs it was missing at low end, found some dirt in them, reinstall the carbs and ran for a few minutes at slow speeds, 20-30 km/hr , then felt like it ran on 2 cyl, some backfire in the exhaust, shut it off right away , thought maybe that there was a mice nest in the exhaust, so I removed the exhaust to find that #1 wasn't firing, exhaust on that cyl had unburnt gas and oil in that port, very dark and wet compared to the other 2, no mice nest in the exhaust, I was thinking coil , pickup, stator? anyone had a familiar problem? Tx all!srx cyls.jpg

Also compression is good all across 120psi, I also read about harnesses rubbing under engine for 01 srx?

Good Spark on that cylinder? Needle valve might have failed on that carb causing excess fuel

I would start by replacing the spark plugs, you probably fouled one. Also, before you replace them you could switch the plugs around and see if the problem follows that plug

get into your carbs for starters. you took away chance it was mice. the cyl that is not running, try switching coil wire and see if problem jumps to another jug. 3:16x (YAMMIE TONY)

Back