Random nut? What is it for?!!!

nick5oh

Found this nut under my secondary chillin on the belly pan near the coolant hose...what’s it for please help???
Photo upload failing :(
It’s a13mm nut with spinning washer built into it? What’s it for please help?

It may be possible that I dropped it down there however I am a bit paranoid. Previous owner had a nut like this securing the rear bumper bar to the tunnel. Like I said I’m paranoid right now. I’m doing my check over for the season....chain case oil, plugs, clutch service, belt, pv clean/check/adjust, carb clean etc etc all the fun stuff. Found the nut sitting there :(
I can’t upload the photo for some reason :(

I didn’t crop the picture. Still won’t work :(
This never happened to me when I had an iPhone 6...now I have a iPhone 7plus. Maybe picture quality/size is too large?

you have to use an image resizing app to get them to upload or take the picture through the tapatalk app whitch resizes them correctly automatically.

I dont think Yamaha uses a 13mm nut on anything. Even my MX bike has even wrench sizes 8,10,12 and so on. Except the radius rods to chasis that are 17 and 19. IDK

It honestly looks like a body nut-I’ll call them that being a mechanic.
Nut turns and washer stays fixed. I didn’t think yammy uses a 13mm either. Just the 8,10,12,14,17, and so on

It honestly looks like a body nut-I’ll call them that being a mechanic.
Nut turns and washer stays fixed. I didn’t think yammy uses a 13mm either. Just the 8,10,12,14,17, and so on

0fde0c18f068b03b7d7d370ef92bc4eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure that is the hold down nut for the muffler which is located just behind the right foot well, a real bugger to get at.

Im pretty sure that is the hold down nut for the muffler which is located just behind the right foot well, a real bugger to get at.

Voila! That is exactly what the nut looks like however mine is still there and also I found it on the left side of the sled/clutch side.

Back