srx 700 water pump

newbmax

I have issue with overheating with my srx 700. How do i check if the water pump is working properly and gear does not slip on shaft when warm.

Gonna need more info. When does it overheat? Idle? Riding? Good snow conditions? Bad? All the Time? Etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It overheat very quickly i would say 5km. It will overheat in any circumstance. Snow,hard pack trail even idle if idle for about 5 minute. I blead many time. The engine was rebuilt couple year ago but was never able to solve that issue.

I will try again tomorrow. See if at idle bubble in the overflow and check thermostat

You will likely find the thermostat has collapsed not letting it open. The shorter style is more durable than the long neck ones that came from the factory. If it overheats as fast as you say and blows the cap off the overflow bottle I would go buy one first and switch it out.

X2. Check the thermostat, I had a burn down at the end of last season which the thermostat had to be the culprit because it had collapsed and stuck 1/4 open, carbs and pre filters SPOTLESS and I use 94 octane since I have the option. I did however notice that it seemed to be running oddly hot a few rides before it happened. Im glad I purchased a thermostat before I even checked it, also replaced the temp sensor, on a hunch since these sleds are kinda old. So again check the thermostat or just replace it.

I guess if i have to check the thermostat i should just change it while i'm there. Thanks for the reply. Will pick one up tuesday and keep you guys posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

change the stat, I have had several bad ones in my small shop alone. I think they have an issue over others because they are mounted sideways on a high vibration machine

Back