Oil Pump Question

mtnmaxman600

VIP Member
Does the oil pump on the Redhead Triple 600 have a weep hole in the housing? I have had this annoying leak that I can't find on my oil pump thought I had it fixed until I fill the tank now it appears it is leaking out what appears to be a weep hole or maybe the shaft seal.

I did a search and could not find any info. Plus the only seals available for the oil pump is the mounting oring and the oring on the bleed screw and both those are new.

If I had to guess, it is one of two things, the lines are seeping around the fittings. the clamps have very little tension. they rely mostly on the tension of the hose over the barb. when they get old and brittle, they start seeping sometimes. Nice thing is, you need to remove the motor to change the lines. The other thing, if your lucky is that someone didn't tighten the bleed screw down when they last bled the pump. It is the philips/8mm on top. It has a slot cut in the side so when you bleed it a turn is all you need. good luck., see you next year

The oil lines are all new and so is the engine just rebuilt it last year and converted sled from a twin to a triple. I found the culprit today there is a small hairline crack in the housing of the pump. I bought the engine used and must be the oil pump got hit in removal or shipping. So I am in need of an oil pump. Just glad I found the problem.

Back