Broken Shock mount bracket

SRXChris

I was able to access a heated garage today for a few hours as my suspension was full of snow and ice as it sits in an unheated shed. Found the front shock bracket broken and the bolt missing. Have to order a new bracket and possibly the aluminum side slide. It's the front bracket with the limiter straps mounted to it. Anyone experience this issue?bracket 1.JPGbracket 2.JPG

May have to buy the sliding frame as the hole is wallowed out. It appears the sliding frame is threaded so the bolt will never go in properly, is the bracket itself threaded as well? Or just the bracket and the previous owner jammed a bolt in and created thread pattern on the aluminum?

That frame is an expensive part.bracket 3.jpg

Slide is not threaded. Find a good aluminum welder and fill the hole in and re-drill. Have seen it done thousands of times. If the bracket is not wrecked it can be reused as well.

tig weld the rail and re drill the hole. weld the tabs back on the bracket and bolt it together. fill the gap with jb weld when re-assembling. the cracking occurs from the shock load applied due to the loose upper and lower shock bushings, replace these bushings with bearings and you will never have a problem again. been there before.

I really don't feel like pulling the skid in this weather but if I have to I will. Can I remove that bracket without or should I just do what I don't want to, pull skid.?

If it's broken there, check the W arm for cracks also.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

It's been repaired before, I also have spare reinforced one I am going to install. As well as a long list of parts I count around, 10 different parts to change after pulling skid apart. The aluminum rail I already have lined up a weld job.

Had my aluminum rail welded up, they look good. Just waiting on the bushings for shocks and mounts and a few other misc parts for skid and re install. Good thing it all thawed up here no where to ride anyway.

Back