Srx drag

Lindon1234

My srx is
Bender set up clutches engine engages 5200 I’m racing a stock srx on ice 660 and barely beating him and I have 155 hp how do I set my suspension up for ice I have 144 good studs and transfer rods red heel clickers do I lower the sled also

Slam that thing right down, suck limiters up all the way might even need to drill a new hole, let rear shock out still about 1-1.5" inch of thread showing, FRA on soft, let center shock out so no pressure on the spring when its in the air (maybe more) lower the front end as much as possible. and adjust the transfer rods so you get 1-2 inches of ski lift all the way down the track. You will pick up ET and MPH with a good suspension set up.

Last edited:
Centre shock out as is slacking shock as much as I can and is fRA front shock on skid tightens straps up tight?? And how do I set my reaction rods with ski lift I thought by setting them meant when I sit on sled the rod rest on the bushing with like halv inch play sorry I’m so confused lol

I edited my first post, sorry for the confusion.

FRA is the to brass plates that attach to the rear shocks front mount, it effects the preload on the spring, lowest is softest I believe.

1. Rear suspension, front shock- let out till there is no spring preload pressure on it.
2. Rear suspension, rear shock- adjust FRA to soft setting, loosen spring preload setting towards the back of the sled until 1.5" inch of thread are left showing.
3. Suck limiter straps up all the way.
4. Lower front shocks so there is no preload on the springs.
5. Are you transfer rods stock? if so, need to make a spacer that goes on the gapped side closer to front of the sled. If they are aftermarket, you will have to test and adjust, usually locked in place with a set screw and then are threaded.

Hope that helps.

My rods are bender rods and right now there set with all the gap on bottom so the thing that threads up and down is all the way up right now

When the sled is in the air loosen the but off so the spring moves up and down the slightest bit. As for rods, the more gap there is on the top part the more transfer you will have.

Im not familiar with the bender rods so you will have to test but yes sounds right. A good setup suspension can increase top end 3-5 MPH. Not saying that it will happen in 660 but it will certainly help you leave the line.

I edited my first post, sorry for the confusion.

FRA is the to brass plates that attach to the rear shocks front mount, it effects the preload on the spring, lowest is softest I believe.

1. Rear suspension, front shock- let out till there is no spring preload pressure on it.
2. Rear suspension, rear shock- adjust FRA to soft setting, loosen spring preload setting towards the back of the sled until 1.5" inch of thread are left showing.
3. Suck limiter straps up all the way.
4. Lower front shocks so there is no preload on the springs.
5. Are you transfer rods stock? if so, need to make a spacer that goes on the gapped side closer to front of the sled. If they are aftermarket, you will have to test and adjust, usually locked in place with a set screw and then are threaded.

Hope that helps.
Bringing this back from the dead. How would this setup ride on trails? With the limiter strap tight I’m assuming the skis will stay down for cornering and with the springs loose the way you mention I assume good transfer in the back and will also keep the track flat for traction. Also the way this setup would work on ice is different than trails so with less traction on trails it would have the skis down more than hooking hard on the ice? I think I’m right but not sure. Need to set my suspension up as I have no idea how it will ride. Just swapped a stock skid into my sled as it had an m10 in it.

Back