500ft ice drags

Yelsrx

500ft ice drag setup srx 700

It’s a 2001 srx 700 stock. Just Looking for the best setup for ice drags 500ft. Gearing? Clutching? Just looking for a place to start. I know every sled is different. Thanks

Last edited:

20/40 or 21/40 for gearing, what kind of clutch parts do you have? Stock aftermarket etc? Suspension set up is big for this too

I have stock weights also have 89a-10 that are empty and 8bu weights that’s empty. A w-w-w and orange primary and a green secondary. I do have more secondary springs but can’t remember what colors they are I will check tonight. I also have stock helix and a 45/41 and 51/45. I bought the sled this last fall with a bunch of stuff. All I’m doing with it is racing it. I’m willing to buy springs, weights etc to make this thing rip. What needs to be done to the suspension? I have the straps tightened all the way up and the shocks loosened all the way.

well if you want to use what you have already then use 8bu-00 weights, get a green/white/green primary spring, use a.8 alum rivet in first hole, 4.5 rivet in tip, use that 51/45 helix you have with a green dot sec spring at 70. this will get you close using what you have except some springs,rivets.

If you want the best adjustable set up, youd need a clutch kit from super torq. heel clicker 40-10, and a 50/40 helix. 500ft id run 21/40, 20/40 will also work but on ice I like 1 tooth bigger on top.

your going to need to have the suspension set up to take advantage of the the clutching, you need traction or youll be making snow cones out the back and going slower due to spinning.

those 89a10 weights are great lake race weights for 1000+ft, they work well!

Thanks for the info. I put 144 chisels in. I’ll be ordering a heel clicker setup soon. Thanks again.

Back