tank filter

take a coat hanger apart and use the hook on the end to carefully fish the filter out of the tank through the filler cap. replace filter and drop back in. just be careful not to bend the fuel gauge sending unit rod.

Update. So on My machine 2002 Yamaha vmax 700. I had to remove the fitting on the tank. attach a piece of wire. then grab the filter through the gas fill
and pull and replace filter. then pull the hose back through and attach, replace two screws.
not to bad. Hope this helps the next guy.

Update. So on My machine 2002 Yamaha vmax 700. I had to remove the fitting on the tank. attach a piece of wire. then grab the filter through the gas fill and pull and replace filter. then pull the hose back through and attach, replace two screws. not to bad. Hope this helps the next guy.

Yes. This helps me. Recently bought 1999 Venture 600 Triple and its in-tank line is way "too short" as well. I need to follow your in-tank fuel filter (and gas line) replacement process. Note to self: New gas line must be 5" longer - to allow its filter to be pulled up / through the gas tank filler opening. Thus, less hassle next time its in-tank fuel filter needs to be replaced.

Last edited:

Back