2002 Viper - Slight launch hesitation

Wizard

I now own two 02 Vipers and I'm trying to get the one I just bought to run as good as the other. It's low mileage, clean, runs out great, but as I'm just creeping along at 4k RPM (clutch engaged and moving slow) and blip to 1/4 throttle it bogs a bit where the other one will snap to life and launch ya over a small jump if you want it to. I just went through the carbs thoroughly and it's a bit better, but not as it should be by comparison to the my Viper or either SRX. Needles are clipped in 4th position with washers on top and I have the fuel screws at 2. If I lift the choke just a smidge it's actually better, so do I turn my fuel screws in or out to fix?

If you are hitting the choke and it comes out of it then your pilot circuit is still plugged.

Thanks for the input! Idle jets had been pulled and cleaned. It was idling perfect. I was only holding the choke lever up a little to see if it got worse or better. Anyway, read that turning the screws out is richer, flipped the carbs and turned them another 1/2 turn to 2-1/2 and it rocks!

Back