Epic fail...

YamiSwami

Well i ordered a set of red powermadd handguards for my viper.. Rhinking id be cool and all with some bling and look like i was cool.. yeah they came in toda..

Decided to head out to the barn and tinker a bit.. well the left side is supposed to mount to the actual brake mount well 02 viper has a parking brake so its not the proper setup and the brake mount does not accept the braket for the handguard.. next, i said to myself let me come back to that side and the right side.. well git that side mounted and when you turn to the left it hits the windshield... next i had to remove the nice leather yamaha cover to even mount the one side..

Im an idiot, treid to be cool now feel like a douche.. id have to raise the handle bar 4 or 5 inches and swap out the brake system and all the wires would be exposed..

EPIC FAIL!!!! Anyone need a set of handguards? They are new..:-|

You ordered the mount kit for the Hayes break. That on the new sr viper. Also did you get the star or sentinel. You need the star series as the sentinel is too big. Ran all thes on my vipers with regular low windshields with no issues. They are nice and make a big difference. They do keep your hands warmer and look cool. Not a fail just wrong part order.

Thanks for the intel super1c... its been an emotional roller coastwr for latley. My mom passed away 8 days ago and I just got home..i just got back into town yesterday.. thought i would go do somwthing to take my mind off of being sad..i should ha e researched it better.. now im stuck with these. Yeah i ordered the sentinel series and the wrong mounts.. guess i will list them for sale on here.. 68 bucks down the drain..

Back