2000 SRX 700 hood on a 98 SRX 700

IFsledder

Hi folks,
I have two SRX 700s, a 98 and a 2000. The 98 has an M-10 suspension in it and it's been my main sled for many, many years. My riding season consists of one 4 day trip per year these days, either the UP or northern MN. This past trip I froze my butt off one day (it was below zero and the SRX stock windshield is purely cosmetic and nonfunctional). So I'm determined to get a better windshield for next year. I've noticed it's easier to find higher windshields for the 2000. My buddy has a 2001 Venture and that nice high windshield fits the 2000. My question is, could I swap hoods and put the 2000 hood on my 98 SRX? Then I could find a Venture windshield, or some other nice high, warm windshield. I know the 2000 SRX had a better headlight and a higher output magneto. Would the 98 be able to handle the higher output headlight? Just curious if any of you folks have tried this or have any info on it.

Thanks.

U will need to keep your tach ..im not sure but i think u can switch the gauge pod and windshield ..no need to change all the hood

you could look up a 500 venture windsheild with the single bulb head lamp. that one should work on your 98.

Hi folks,
I have two SRX 700s, a 98 and a 2000. The 98 has an M-10 suspension in it and it's been my main sled for many, many years. My riding season consists of one 4 day trip per year these days, either the UP or northern MN. This past trip I froze my butt off one day (it was below zero and the SRX stock windshield is purely cosmetic and nonfunctional). So I'm determined to get a better windshield for next year. I've noticed it's easier to find higher windshields for the 2000. My buddy has a 2001 Venture and that nice high windshield fits the 2000. My question is, could I swap hoods and put the 2000 hood on my 98 SRX? Then I could find a Venture windshield, or some other nice high, warm windshield. I know the 2000 SRX had a better headlight and a higher output magneto. Would the 98 be able to handle the higher output headlight? Just curious if any of you folks have tried this or have any info on it.

Thanks.
This shield works well for me.
b6a15d72f5d7834a4b724811e1b4e346.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back