Help! How do you dissable T.O.R.S. on a 90 exiter?

vmax600

Hi everyone.
I am new to your site, but l really appreciate all the info available on this site. I tried looking for another post with the instructions for dissabling the T.O.R.S. but couldn't find anything.
I have a 90 Exciter, that I haven't been able to get running this year. I would just like to eliminate the T.O.R.S. as a possible culprit. I have an intermittent spark, but when there is spark, I can't even get it to kick over when I spray fuel into the spark plug hole. I think I had it flooded earlier this season, but am pretty sure that isn't the case now. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Thanks. I bypassed it and still am having no luck. I have ohmed out all the electrical components and they are all in spec, except for the pick up coil resistance is a little low. I have a spec of 556 ohms+/- 10%, giving me a range of 500-612ohms. When I put a meter across the leads I only get 385ohms. I get up to 38 AC amps when I pull the engine over with the meter still on the pick up coil wires. According to the info I have this is in spec, so I guess I not fully convinced that the pick up coil is bad. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Back