Max rpm for 98 srx 700 pipes

srx440b

Just wondering what the max rpm the stock pipes are good for on my 98 700. Doing 660 drags on snow and will be running a 600 did. Is there anything to gain by running it at a little higher rpm

Drops off after 8200/8300.
View attachment 64560

Thanks I've seen that before that's why I added that I was going to be running the 600 cdi which I believe has a little more advance on the timing over the 700. Was wondering if that would allow you to pull a couple hundred more rpm something in the 87-88 range and will the stock pipes work at that rpm

Interesting, have not heard that the 600 has more timing than the 700. If it does, you may be able to sneak out a couple hundred more I would think, but 8800 or 8900 may not be feasible, as the pipes are designed for a certain rpm. They are your biggest limiting factor.

Interesting, have not heard that the 600 has more timing than the 700. If it does, you may be able to sneak out a couple hundred more I would think, but 8800 or 8900 may not be feasible, as the pipes are designed for a certain rpm. They are your biggest limiting factor.

From what I have read on some other threads the 600 cdi is basically called a race did for the 700. More advance in the mid range and does not fall off as much as the 700 at 84-8500 . Because of that I was think that I might be able to run at 86-8700 if the pipe will work at that rpm

I have always read that the 02 Viper CDI was the race box for the SRX. Has very aggressive timing over a SRX, and shouldn’t be trail ridden. But, have never read anything about the 600 box.
Maybe someone else will chime in with some info.

That’s interesting reading there. Some info I haven’t read before.
Wondering if it wouldn’t be easier to just put an advanced key way in it.
Not sure how advancing timing can effect RPM though.

Anyone comment on how advancing like 2 or 3 degrees, affects peak RPM?

I believe the viper box is the race box for the 01/02 srx, but will not plug into the 98/99. My take on what I've read is the 98 700 timing falls off big time at 83, 8400 and hp drops with it. So I was thinking with the extra advance of the 600 box that a couple hundred extra rpm could be had and still make hp that is if the pipes will work at 87 or 88. Looks like I'll have to try it once my 600 box shows up. Nothing up this way to check it on so it will be seat of the pants. Not the right way or best but only one I have. That and what she does at the races.

Back