04 viper rear heat exchanger vrs srx rear heat exchanger?

That is what I am trying to figure out. If it is bent like the srx then why do they use them? Also the tunnel extension has the bleeder hole on the far pass side. Also I was thinking if it is curved then the track could hit it.

The later Vipers may have all came with it stock. I know my 2004 Viper S came with it stock.
Pretty sure they are the same as the SRX. The people you hear of that are adding them are the guys with early year Vipers, that had no rear heat exchanger.

If your long tracking you will need mountain coolers. The SRX/viper ones are too big and will hang down. They will work just looks bad. The mountain one tucks nicely under extension.

I used the tracks usa tunnel extension with the srx cooler and it just fit on my build a few years ago. Just fit meaning it doesn't hang down past the extension. Having said that its more of a generic tunnel extension that you have to cut holes and finish. (used the oem long hose covers) Its not like a Hartman extension that looks factory. With the Hartman or OEM extensions you need the mountain cooler because the end taper is a-little slimmer. I wanted to keep the srx cooler. Good luck.

Last edited:
I used the tracks usa tunnel extension with the srx cooler and it just fit on my build a few years ago. Just fit meaning it doesn't hang down past the extension. Having said that its more of a generic tunnel extension that you have to cut holes and finish. (used the oem long hose covers) Its not like a Hartman extension that looks factory. With the Hartman or OEM extensions you need the mountain cooler because the end taper is a-little slimmer. I wanted to keep the srx cooler. Good luck.

Thank you

Back