Viper Idle and Take off Bogging Issues

dewieiii

I was sure I had seem threads on this before but can't find them.

I have 2 issues:

When I first start it up I have to play with choke in order to keep it running for about 5-10 min until it warms up.
I can't seem to get it to idle at the 1800-1900 rpm it is supposed to idle at. It either too low or too high. If you hit the gas the idle picks up to almost engagement and seems to have a long delay before come down and resting at about 2000 rpm. A slight adjustment drops it to 1500 and when turning it up to where it was jumps the rpm to 3000 and again seems to take its time coming back down to 2000.

2. When at idle if I go straight to the bar I can make it stall, yet if I feather up to 3000 rpm before punching it takes off like a bullet!!

I have taken the carbs off and cleaned them twice which did seem to make things better but the take off bog is always there. I have adjusted the pilot screw to the 2 turns, from the 1 7/8 turns, as suggested. I have also got the needle clip in the 3.25 (4th groove down, both plastic shims on top of clip).

Other than replacing the needle and seats I don't really know what else I can do....:o|:o|

I know you said the carbs are clean but some ideas you should look at if you have not done this, Remove carbs again and all jets including needle and seat so you can check and blow thru the top hat screens, Shoot some carbcleaner in all holes ,let it sit than some compressed air. check those pilot jets with small wire thru them at the end were all the holes are as it sounds like it is starving for fuel above and at idle.

Leave some slack in the choke cables as well as the throttle cable when reinstalling carbs. Try it than adjust if ok.

Back