136 track on 141 skid

vanslay

Is it possible to put a 136 track on a 141 skid by moving the skid bolt locations forward about 2 inches? I've seen it done online with a newer viper so he could get an asphault track. I'm having a hard time finding a 141 in my area but i'm surrounded by 136's.

Thanks again
-Jeff

Ok thanks vincent. Just wanted to check to see if this was a terrible idea or not. Definitly not ideal but i'll give it a go!

Ok thanks vincent. Just wanted to check to see if this was a terrible idea or not. Definitly not ideal but i'll give it a go!

Actually before you get too excited I gave you bad advice. If you move all your skid mounts forward your leading end of your rails will end up way too fare forward and under your driveshaft and sprockets. Thus completely messing up you forward track angle geometry and smashing your rails tips into your drive spockets with the first bump in the trail . So, after a long day's work, and further though. No I don't think it will be that easy. My apologies for that mistake

Last edited:
you don't think there is enough clearence from the front of the skid? i roughly measured 3 inches. -Jeff

you don't think there is enough clearence from the front of the skid? i roughly measured 3 inches. -Jeff

Thing is your forward rails have a radius angle designed to work with the incoming track angle provided by the distance between them and your drive sprockets.
Basically moving your rails so fare forward will just mess up your forward track geometry way too much for it to be functional

Last edited:
gotcha. it really sucks how rare this track is. i cant even find 144's in my area. I found a neat looking ad boivine extreme x skid thats 136 but it doesnt have the mounting bracket. i might just grab that we'll see. thanks for the heads up and saving me from myself lol

Back