Control arm mystery

Wizard

I have a 2001 SRX700 but I think my front end parts are off something else.

One lower radius rod ("control arm") broke and I got one from someone out here last year but put off the work until now. Anyway, the new part is about an inch too short. In looking into it, I've discovered all 4 of mine are longer than stock, so my question is this, what is the length of a lower radius rod from that era SXR or VMax?

Mine don't look like after market as there's no outer tie rod end. They appear to be Yamaha parts with only an inner tie rod end and a normal fixed loop where they connect to the trailing arm, plus the "too-short" one I bought has the same tie rod end threads and I know that one is stock from an SRX.

More importantly, does anyone have a lower radius rod they'd sell with the larger diameter threads (my 98 SRX's have smaller tie rod threads) that measures ~17-1/2" from the threaded end (not including the tie rod end) to the center of the loop at the fixed outer end? Thanks!

My guess would be that they sold you an upper arm as they are thinner than the lowers and the threads are different.

That's not it, the one I bought isn't thinner, the threads are the same and it matches the length of the lower rods of other 2001 SRX's; just not mine. What I need to know is what is the length of the lower rod on an SXR. Thanks!

Perfect! Thank you. I just ordered a 8CR-2384F off EBay. Pretty sure that's going to be the ticket as I'm measuring mine to the center of the through hole on the opposite side as in the diagram which is a slightly longer distance plus I'm measuring my good one while it's still bolted in place so I'm not getting a real accurate measurement. Anyway, not sure it'll be an exact match, but it'll be closer than what I got. Thanks, again!!!

Back