Viper PTO crank seal

grizzly1

I just bought a project sled. Runs great but very erratic idle. I spray carb and check cleaner on the pto crank seal and it revs to the moon. Can you replace the pto crank seal without splitting the case? Sled is an 03 mtn viper

I just bought a project sled. Runs great but very erratic idle. I spray carb and check cleaner on the pto crank seal and it revs to the moon. Can you replace the pto crank seal without splitting the case? Sled is an 03 mtn viper

Anyone?

no, you have to split the case to do it correctly, it has a lip on seal and a groove it fits in the case.

no, you have to split the case to do it correctly, it has a lip on seal and a groove it fits in the case.

Thank you, I was afraid of that. Can I flip the motor and split the bottom half off so I dont have to take of head and jugs?

Thank you, I was afraid of that. Can I flip the motor and split the bottom half off so I dont have to take of head and jugs?

yes, you could do that on a workbench, youll need to just lightly lift the end of the crank to slip it in with the bottom of case removed. you should change both if your going to do it, make sure to reseal with yamabond on case seam.

yes, you could do that on a workbench, youll need to just lightly lift the end of the crank to slip it in with the bottom of case removed. you should change both if your going to do it, make sure to reseal with yamabond on case seam.
I've got three bond 1194 instead of yamabond. From what I understand it's almost the same thing. Can I reseal case with this?

Back