Srx 2001 electrical problems at startup

Stonebridge

As Thread shows i'm having trouble with my srx starting upp cold... it starts right up after 2-3 pulls but I have no lights no instrumental light no nothing. After 2 minutes on idle everything works fine. Anyone ever had this problem? Is it freezing in any Contact or is it the stator yelling at me it needs replacement? Any input would be appreciated. Sled runs great // Lars from Sweden

You most likely have a short in the wireharness under the engine. Pull it out and repair, insulate any damaged wires. Don't run it untill you fix this, or it may fry your stator. /Lars from Sweden..;)!

On the other hand that might not be the case here.. But i would defently check it anyway! With a harness rubtrough usually the engine cut's out due to the short (mine did) and when one disconnect the white relay under the dash it runs fine again. Maybe your smoothing condensor gone bad? Have no experiance with that, but others may shim in here.

This is a relay issue if I recall. There are threads on this. White relay I think behind left side as you are sitting on sled.

agree with RXMAX the load control relay is not closing. At least not right away . I have similar issue when the temperature is very cold

the relays have moisture in them, remove them and place on your heater vent inside the house overnight and it will dry out the moisture, common. easy fix! its the white and blue relays.

the relays have moisture in them, remove them and place on your heater vent inside the house overnight and it will dry out the moisture, common. easy fix! its the white and blue relays.

That was exactly the problem. Dried them over night and No issues today. Thanks a lot for the help!

Back