Float valve was stuck. Now I have a question.

frank700

Hello, My brother rode my Viper on a sledding trip. He tells me it is low on power. Head back take carbs off and apart. Middle carb float valve was stuck. Some white crap on it. Bowl was pretty much dry. Do you guys think that cylinder is hurt? It wasn't firing or was leaned out. Just wondering about the lack of oil. Runs fine after the fix. Cleaned all the carbs. Thanks

The plug looks fine. Did a cold compression test open throttle. PTO 124 Center 109 Mag 120 Would you take this sled on a trip? Also this is a Sxr 600. Mileage is 1560. Don't know why I said viper.:o| That one is fine. I planned on taking this Sxr on a 3 day trip this weekend.

Last edited:
throw a table spoon of oil down the plug hole (if you haven't already) and run it. odds are the ring is a bit dry but with that compression it should be fine.

I don't think I'm that lucky... Put a camera through the exhaust manifold. Pulled the reeds. Piston is scuffed. S.O.B. Engine only has 1550 miles on it. Unreal.

That is next on my list. The season is over for that sled. The piston from both side isn't pretty. Waiting to see the whole thing. The ups and downs of sledding...

Back