02 Viper Track

Your riding style is a big part of the equation. Hacksaw would be a could groomed trail and retain top speed. That would be a guess as I have never run it. I have a cobra on my srx and a kimpex aggresor, both are 1 3/8" and lower the top speed but I get stuck a lot less than the stock ripsaw.

As already been said, the riding you do really dictates what track to use. It will always be a compromise if you ride in diverse conditions. These kind of sleds are primarily trail sleds though and as such I prefer lower lug tracks, the Cobra is on the tall side for my taste and the lugs seem soft and prone to bend on groomed trails but obviously it will work better off trail.

For my kind of riding, that is probably no less than 90 % on trail, a 1.25" is the tallest I would go and I have been looking at tracks like the Kimpex Shotgun X, Camso Ripsaw, Camso Ripsaw 2, and Camso Hacksaw. But I'm keen on trying one of the Camso Ice Tech tracks with factory studs, they come in several versions based on the non studded tracks. ICE Attak based on the Hacksaw, ICE Ripper XT based on the Ripsaw and ICE Attak XT based on the Ripsaw 2. The Ice Tech tracks seem to be without the traditional cons of studs and still provide a decent step up in traction in icy conditions. Lots of people seem very happy with them from what I've read.

Back