Redhead 700 pipes

ski-man

I have had a 700 triple for a long time and love it. My question is this. What pipes are the quietest and how much louder than stock. The next question is fuel economy, how bad will it suffer with triple pipes. I want honest answers, I dont want noise and a gas hog.

I know a guy with hauck triple pipes on a viper and it is like 8mpg and that's it.
Tell me why a stock srx can get as good fuel economy as a stock sx 700. How does the factory get the hp and the fuel economy?

I would think the power valves come into play, and the pipes are probably more efficient with heat shield keeping the heat in,
Keeping heat in the pipes actually runs leaner, allowing for smaller jets.
For example, My buddy with an SRX runs a 145 main jet.
My 700 SX runs a 150 main jet with Bender triple pipes.

A piped redhead will only lose a couple mpg. Now a piped Viper ...... that's is a true gas hog. We are talkin VM4 mileage. We have PSI trips on my sons 99 SX6 and barely noticed a difference.
As far as sound ...... all aftermarket pipes are louder than stock. I'd say that PSIs fall in the middle of the pack for sound. Not the quietest(SLPs mabey) but not the loudest either(Growlers?). PSIs have a ... mini top fuel dragster sound to them.

Note: PSIs use factory jetting. On yours, you would use your stock 143 & 145s. Just have to raise the needles 1/2(?) a position.

Last edited:
I have a 700 with power inc center dumps, they are quieter than a sno stuff can but still got some bite. Also not the most powerful pipe out there. I didn’t notice a huge change in gas consumption. Obviously it’s not as good but not mortifying lol still gets better mpg than my buddy’s stock xcr 600. I here that slp’s Are about equal to a can and jetting isn’t as high as benders. If I could do it again I would get a different brand pipe, but I’m not unhappy with the PI’s

I have both SLP's and Bender. I like both.
Bender uses a 150 main @ 8600 RPM
SLP uses a 147.5 Main @ 9000 RPM

Back