2004 Yamaha SX Viper ER Clutch Tune Up

Yamidude

I’m having a difficult time finding the correct tune up kit for my viper. I’m not trying to change anything, I just want to put OEM parts back in. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I might find this? I went to Babbitts and they no longer stock it. The clutch is getting squeaky and I’m thinking the rollers and bushings are due for replacement. Any help would be kindly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks. Unfortunately I did and they no longer carry it either. Does anyone have any suggestions for an aftermarket clutch? or should I stick with the OEM? Thanks!

Thank you. I've concluded that there is no longer a kit and you have to buy each part individually. I appreciate the suggestions.

Yes you need to buy individual parts. It's a pain but guess what? 3 years ago I baught one of these Oem from the dealer Yamaha clutch kits. In was very expensive, didn't even contain the important 6 spider guides! And the kit also contained parts I didn't even need and again paid top dollar for!!!!!!. So your not missing nothing special with these no longer continued "clutch kits".......Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Lol, figures. When you think your saving some money and it always turns out to be more expensive. Thanks for the response!

You said it's getting squeaky...That makes me think of how they can start squealing at idle when the belt deflection screws on the back of the secondary start getting worn down.

Back