Oil tank hose

stealth82

Alright so i rebuilt my engine this past fall, i now got engine back in the sled, i got the oil lines hooked up from the fuel pump to oil pump and the crankcase. But where does the line from the oil tank go? Not sure if om just having a brain fart, but id appreciate any help, thanks.

To the oil pump
Should be 3 nipples on oil pump.
1 to fuel pump,
1 to bottom of case underneath
1 to oil tank

Last edited:
On my oil pump there's the two bottom nipples that each have a hose and join at that plastic T and act as a breather? Then i had the nipple next to that connected to the fuel pump. Then the nipple on top was connected to the case. So is mine all messed up then? Thanks

On my oil pump there's the two bottom nipples that each have a hose and join at that plastic T and act as a breather? Then i had the nipple next to that connected to the fuel pump. Then the nipple on top was connected to the case. So is mine all messed up then? Thanks
I only remember one breather (it had a fastener at the end to bleed the pump). The two that join together should go somewhere, I think into the bottom of the case. When I rebuilt mine this summer, I replaced the hoses one at a time so as to not to confuse how it went together. It is not intuitive, they did some weirdness down by that pump with those smaller lines.

Yea its confusing cause i added brand new lines this past fall, and put those back on just how it was and also wend off the repair manual, and also the diagram on partzilla. I'll try to get some pictures up later.

Back