best oil for non power valve motors

kastner03

any reason not to use the normal yamalube 2-s oil? i have a sxr700 and a venture 500 i’ve read on here what oils not to use in the power valved motors but that’s irrelevant in my case. don’t really care about code since we don’t ride all that much, just looking for the best protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the non pv sleds, i run whatever i have left of shell, castrol, motul, chrystler marine oil, canadian tire (cheaper than castrol) and ipone when all the other cans are empty.

from the sounds of it, these motors aren’t picky and anything will work? ill stick with yamalube then i just wasn’t sure if there was and major reason not to lol. thanks for all the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using yamalube 2s since the early 90's and have had great luck with it, it's actually fairly cheap, partzilla has it for around $26 a gallon

Amsoil Intimidator, I know it’s not cheap but it lubricates the engine better than the rest out there. Plus it doesn’t smoke near as much other oils and there’s nothing worse than riding behind somebody using cheap oil that smokes like an old diesel.

Back