Hard Start

fullcoda

2005 sx mountain viper 700 triple cold starts relatively easy, runs fantastic, crazy quick, idles nicely. rebuilt carbs over the summer. restarts kind of hard when warmed up, wasn't like that before. Maybe a leak down problem? Needle jet and jet needle? Fuel pump? Any thoughts would be welcome.

My viper has always required the throttle pinned on hot starts, make sure you release it as soon as it starts. I believe this is because the hot pipes/pipe makes the motor more efficient at filling the cylinder with fuel.

My viper has always required the throttle pinned on hot starts, make sure you release it as soon as it starts. I believe this is because the hot pipes/pipe makes the motor more efficient at filling the cylinder with fuel.

I don't have a Viper but my 700 redhead has always been the same way when hot. Need 1/2 throttle to start

ditto. i must crack throttle to start, always have need to. did bump idle jets to 47.5. stock are 45. god bless e start, otherwise it would be a bitch pulling it single hand while cracking throttle.

Back