Northern lower MI this weekend

archer

We went to the cabin for a long weekend. Trail system north of Harbor Springs MI is called Moosejaw. Like a lot of places trail was rough through town but the 100 miles or so in the woods could be described as hard and fast. Good base of ice but not mush snow in places. On Friday we passed 0 sleds on this trail. Seems to always be less ridden than some others in the lower penninsula. Sunday on Burt Lake was fun. 18" of ice and pretty smooth. Hard to turn when your carbides are worn down. SRX seems to be pulling the skis about 2-3 inches from a standstill until I let off. Scratch marks on ice shows a fair amount of slipping but some of my studs are a little worn. Seems to me that its running pretty good!

Thanks Vipe. Its nice not having to make hotel reservations or trailering to the trailhead (usually). Lots of ungroomed trails across the street and a nice big field also to play around in.

We are east of Brutus, corner of Indian rd and Hardwood (just up .5 mile from W. Burt lake rd). Where are you at Kyle?

My parents own the pines cottages right on the river across the cement arch bridge heading to topinabee. I go to Central so I am not up there alot! Just sledding and boating! and of course drinking!!!

archer said:
We are east of Brutus, corner of Indian rd and Hardwood (just up .5 mile from W. Burt lake rd). Where are you at Kyle?

Two days of lake effect headed your way, Was you up back in 2002 after three days of lake effect left 7' in Petoskey/Harbor Springs area? That was too much like work while riding. ;)!

Back