02 Viper Adding 2 Up seat from Venture

Bob Williams

I am adding a 2 Up seat to one of my Vipers. Sacrilege I know but I have 4 and my son and his wife would like to ride. It is a Yamaha Seat possibly from a Venture?

The question I have is regarding wiring of the grip warmers. The Viper seat connector has 4 wires but only three are used. There is a common, Taillight, Brake light and not used. In the the tech manual it shows the 4th wire as grip warmer on a VT700 (Venture?). I checked for voltage and it is dead on the Viper. I am guessing the relay is not there.
On the viper tech manual it shows the grip warmers to be in series with a "Resistor". In tracing the wiring in the seat with an ohm meter the grip heaters are wired in series with a switch on the seat. They also appear to be powered from the taillight wire.

1. Could the resistor shown in the Viper manual be wired in the seat already?
2. On the sled itself the grip warmers have a reostat for adjustment. On the seat are the grips just at full heat whenever the seat switch is on? Or was there a reostat on the donor sled.

Any info anyone might have would be great.

Thanks in advance.

for the rear, there was only a toggle for the rear for high/low on the 05 venture viper we have.

Back