Which no-slip drivers/sprockets for SRX 700?

EVOVII_SWE

I'm planning to replace my track in the off season, I would also like to replace my drivers with a no-slip version, I was looking at Wahl Bros racing but I'm not really sure which ones to get, I would like to keep stock size:

• Should I have the 1 1/16 - 1 1/8" hex shaft version?
  • Should I have 9 tooth? (don't have my sled close to check)
  • Do I replace the two in the middle and keep the outer two stock?

If that is correct, I'm looking at 02-579 or 02-580, the latter says "Machined for Yamaha RX-1 application" but what is the difference, both seem to have 8BW-47531-00-00 as stock?

I tried to search but couldn't find anything really :dunno:

1. Yes on the 1&1/16 - 1&1/8
2. If you are replacing them anyway, I'd go to an 8. It'll give you more track options. Plus there will be better snow evacuation.
3. Yes. Replace the inner two w/ the positive drive Wahl type drivers. Leave the outside two stock.

Last edited:
Thank you :)

Regarding number of teeth, does that change the pitch or how do I get more track options?

If I change to 8, can I get the outside ones in 8 as well?

Would I need to change the chain sprockets to compensate since 8 would give me a shorter gearing effectively?

1. When you order you drivers, you'll need to specify the number of teeth and drive pitch. Most common here is the 2.52 pitch and more than likely what is currently on your sled. Your track options open up because you can go up to 2" lug.
2. Yes all drivers will need to be either all 8 or all 9 tooth drivers.
3. 23/38 w/ a 70 link chain and 9 tooth drivers is what was stock in an 01 SRX. I wouldn't change a thing. I think that's perfect gearing coupled w/ 8 tooth drivers for an SRX. It's not going to take quite so long to top out.
IMG_0925.JPG

Last edited:

Back