Gas storage on clamshell trailer

Polishmafiaboss

Curious if anyone hauls a little extra gas using a method other than gas cans?? Bought a “new to me” clamshell to tote 2 sleds (‘01 SXR 600 & ‘03 Viper Deep Snow) around. Was thinking of something other than cans. Under-slung 40 or 50 gallon tank with a 12V pump? Something small and inside with a hand pump?

I know there are different things that would work for enclosed haulers. Budget won’t allow that just yet.

Bring on the SNOW!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Curious if anyone hauls a little extra gas using a method other than gas cans?? Bought a “new to me” clamshell to tote 2 sleds (‘01 SXR 600 & ‘03 Viper Deep Snow) around. Was thinking of something other than cans. Under-slung 40 or 50 gallon tank with a 12V pump? Something small and inside with a hand pump?

I know there are different things that would work for enclosed haulers. Budget won’t allow that just yet.

Bring on the SNOW!!

I usually haul a few extra race gas cans when doing back country riding. Nothing special really.

Maim

Super Moderator
you could always throw a couple of 5 gallon cans between the skis. if using a pump you could use boat cans as they do not flip over as easy.