Help needed on RedHead crank bearing...

snowhite

Hey members someone out there must have had this issue. Okay tore apart my '99 redhead 600,trying to remove the pto crank bearing and she's very stubborn .We have a jaw puller on it, soaked it with pb blaster, put some heat to it and it's still on the crank. Reason I want to remove it because I want to put new end seals and the bearings (outer). Also those 2 paticular outer bearings are they available through aftermarket or only YAMAHA? Also trying to figure out how to remove the water pump impeller without breaking it, the service manual doesn't show how. Lastly is what's a second to a complete rebuild kit for the motor, pistons, gaskets, bearings. Thanks.

The impeller can be taken off with an impact or you can put a pair of pliers on the opposite end of the impeller shaft where it connects to the oil pump. Just to hold it. A lot easier to do before u split the cases

As for the end bearing I'd just be patient and persistent. You can tap on the end of the bearing puller to help jar it a bit. I believe in my manual it recommends using a good chisel. OR it says not to use a chisel lol I cant remember fully

Back