Redhead swap?

rx1007

Just wondering if the head from a 2000(7/99 build date) sxr 600 is the same and will fit on a 2001 readhead 700 sxr? The 700 has a bad piston mishap and took out the head as well. I have another head from a 600 but need to know if it's a direct swap. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance..

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping that only the cylinder bores were the only difference. I have a bad piston, cylinder and head. Time to upgrade this baby and make it a sleeper! Any suggestions to make this 700 really perform? I'm not opposed to cutting head, porting, clutching, jetting, etc. Any and all suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated. I have a set of triple pipes but would like to keep the stock exhaust for sleeper purposes. Are there any modifications that can happen the stock exhaust that will add performance?

you would have to do a search but back in the day someone, might be mrviper, had a porting/ possibly bigbore set up that would let the red head run with the srx sleds. i only ever read about it on here. never owned one personally.

Back