Replacement Shocks for 97 XTC?

97vmaxxtc

Are there any aftermarket shocks available for the rear XTC suspension?? I cannot find anything and one of the rears is blown, please help.

Dave

my dad was calling around to find a replacement for the front shock in the rear skid - and every place was telling him that there was no aftermarket replacement....so he paid like 350.00 from yamaha! i would think since the skid is the same on a lot of sleds, the shock would fit, is it just the valving that is different??

thanks,
dave

Find some lightly used viper shocks, they bolt right in and can be found for alot cheaper than going out and buying a new shock. I just put them on mine all the way around, they work good.

When you say blown, is it fisically damaged or are the seals etc. just bad. If they are just leaking and not working properly, it is a whole lot cheaper to have it rebuilt. My dealer did both of mine in one day for under a 100$. Soc

those are hydaulic/gas bag shocks. I dont believe they can be rebuilt, have to be replaced.

yamaholic22 said:
those are hydaulic/gas bag shocks. I dont believe they can be rebuilt, have to be replaced.
No they can not be rebuilt. The best thing to do with them is throw them in the trash!

yeah, the end of the shock is blown out the bottom....the seals are all torn and the piston is seized. i need the shock in the front of the rear skid - the other is fine. thank you!

definately shouldn't have a problem finding one of those, there are hundreds of them out there. Look at BeTheViper's parts list in the classified section, watch ebay, look for totalled sleds on here, etc.

97vmaxxtc,
I have the shock you are looking for, it has 4000 UP miles on it. It came out of my totalled '97 600 XTC (while in the back of my totatlled truck) a few years ago. I had it recharged and was going to put it on my '00 but I found a set of Viper shocks instead. Make me an offer. Email me at vmaxal1037@aol.com

Just a quick question. I thought one of the advantages to the XTC was aluminum rebuildable shocks all the way around.

Bummer that you destroyed one.

i'm pretty sure the XTC didn't have aluminum rebuildables, thought it had hydraulic gas bag shocks that weren't rebuildable. Anyone else?

i'm not sure - what do the rebuildable ones look like? this one looks aluminum with threads all the way down the outside of the case.

help me out if you can

It's a KYB rebuildable gas shock. If it is broke, there are alot of these around at a very reasonable price. Check with Betheviper's parts post he might have one. Soc

Back