First start up 02 srx

Mac that is super cool of you man. To tell you the truth I dont need it perfect and as much as I appreciate the offer I'd rather not risk anything happening to your tool. If I can buy one myself I'll do it by the books

The special tool is nothing more than a 9v power supply toactivate the servo. The servo operates with 14v from the sled when it’s lit.

I made a fused two wire jumper with mini blade terminals thatfit the female terminals in the test connector... attached to a 12v powersupply (I used a laptop power supply, 9v will work too).

My ’01 has a white three holed hard-shell test connector attachedto a red and black wire that dangles below the servo.

Apply 12 volts and unplug. Mark the servo, adjust the valves.Reactivate the servo, recheck the valves.

As Mac points out, idling down to below 900 to activate theservo requires having the sled assembled and doesn’t allow for fine tuning thevalves.

It’s been argued that the shop manual procedure will getthem close enough and most importantly, avoid cable pull-out. Some of use arejust silly and want to adjust them while the sled is apart.

I don’t think there was a dealer in the country that knewhow to adjust them properly when they came out. Mined got chewed up in thefirst couple hundred miles before I checked them. No issues since.

Back