02 viper blinking light but no code exist

mrholmquist

Need some help . The self diagnostic icon and the warning indicator lamp are blinking but cant find the pattern in the workshop manual. The lamps are blinking off and on whenever the ebgine is running and there is never a pause between blinks .

put gas in this morning .....still blinking. ....Started going through the wiring looking for bad connections or shorts / opens. I decided to check everything related to the check engine light one circuit at a time. Checked temp sensor and harness impedance against values published in workshop manual. No issues found. Checked tps and harness , no issues found. checked harness and wiring to power valve servo and verified servo operation. plugged everything back in and lights still blinking. I took every connector apart cleaned them all with contact cleaner then blow them out with compressed air. sprayed some dielectric on each one. After i put it back together , no more blinking light. Not really sure what I fixed but going to assume it was a bad connection. Will monitor it for the first few rides to see if my issues return but going to call it a win for now

put gas in this morning .....still blinking. ....Started going through the wiring looking for bad connections or shorts / opens. I decided to check everything related to the check engine light one circuit at a time. Checked temp sensor and harness impedance against values published in workshop manual. No issues found. Checked tps and harness , no issues found. checked harness and wiring to power valve servo and verified servo operation. plugged everything back in and lights still blinking. I took every connector apart cleaned them all with contact cleaner then blow them out with compressed air. sprayed some dielectric on each one. After i put it back together , no more blinking light. Not really sure what I fixed but going to assume it was a bad connection. Will monitor it for the first few rides to see if my issues return but going to call it a win for now

Got to like that.

Back