Pipes or can help!

CameronGreen

I have a 2002 Vmax 700 triple, sled is all stock and has a single pipe, i was wondering what i could do to boost the sound, can i put on some triple pipes, and if so what do i need to do with carbs and stuff, and if that doesn’t work what cans do you run and what do you have to do to the carbs for those?

Before installing tripple pipes on our 99 SXs I performed the Stock silencer mod with good results.
The Red Head tripples liked a little less restriction from the exhaust silencer.
In 1997 Dynotech tested a stock 700 and got 111.8 hp @ 8250 rpm. After installing a less restrictive Bender silencer on the same 700 they got 114.7 @ 8500 rpm...gaining 3 hp.
Drilling the stock silencer reduces back pressure which gives a performance increase similar to the Bender silencer.

Long time no vid-ya!!!!

due to unforseen events. parents divorced, me never getting sled registered in my name over the years, the sled being stolen back yadda yadda yadda. i no longer have the vmax.

riding a new sks 146 now. BUT. i loved that old triple. getting the itch to buy another and start a new build. looks like most of the old members are still on here ahaha

due to unforseen events. parents divorced, me never getting sled registered in my name over the years, the sled being stolen back yadda yadda yadda. i no longer have the vmax.

riding a new sks 146 now. BUT. i loved that old triple. getting the itch to buy another and start a new build. looks like most of the old members are still on here ahaha

Nice sled. What was your suspension set-up for those easy wheelies?

Nice sled. What was your suspension set-up for those easy wheelies?

poo skid and iqr track. sled had full lightweight build, custom clutching and 8t drivers along with many many other things

EDIT. actually at the time of video it was viper skid with drop brackets and kimpex 1.3" lug track. everything else stock

Last edited:

Back