600 Twins

01Vmax89

Any of you guys with these bad boys how they run? Got 01 Vmax 500 and between the next two summers she's gettin a big time make over. It'll be clutched when it is got a 600 power up kit from hauck on the way for the weekend (fiber reeds, spacers and thin head gasket for when she's rebuilt.) Gonna be turning a ripsaw after this summer.
My Mods
Looking for more power, better traction and weight reduction.

Runs good. Likes oil. Gets 9-12MPG depending on temperature and throttle setting. Stock track SUCKS for anything but trail riding. Does 90 MPH pretty good except for lack of trackion issues.

Why only 600 if your doing a retrofit. I'd look into finding a triple to go in instead.

i can anser that. twin is lighter and easyer to throw around than a tripple. one of my other brothers wants to buy my sxr 500. for a little stock setup it suprised a lot of cat guys. all that has been done to mine so far is 1.25 ripsaw and put on a set of viper skis with 6" carbides.

Hey Fuzz

Only going 600 cuz I wanna stay twin for a couple reasons granted triples have better acceleration. Staying with a twin everything lines up, Thing needs to be rejetted right now anyway since it's rich (plugs dry but black) going to a triple means: more weight, having to redo everything (i.e. get another carb, air box, exhaust, gettin things to mount up.) Right now $1000ish for head and jugs+pistons,rings which I was gonna do if at 6k miles anyway. Well I was supposed to have carbon fiber reeds, spacers and the thin head gasket for the 600 from Hauck, yet someone screwed up the part #'s in the ordering process and I got the triple tune up kit w/o reeds. Ya as It sat stock it has some pretty good power. Just them damn stock tracks blow, lugs sit about .75 now and it spins hard core, thinking that 1.25 with the extra .5in of lug is gonna make a world of difference espesically since I only weight 140-150 gettin traction is hard.

Sits 498 Dry Stock, Looking to get towards 450 Dry or soo. SO far dropped some in the MBRP Can(-13), the Powder Pros, Gettin a Lexan Cowl (-8LBs), Ripsaw (couple more pounds), Pro X Skid with Walker Evans (guessing will drop a good amount) Alum Front End (hopefull 10ish)

Last edited:
Personally I like the twin sound and I am acustom to all the little noises that should come from one.

Good choices for weight reduction. I think you might find more weight in the front end. Aluminum and chrome molly rods and bars are light but if you have seroius green there is always Titanium. Back to reality though there are lightweight custom hoods that save a bunch of weight.

Sound

Ya Me Too. I got the MBRP Race Can on there over the summer. Thing sounds so sick I think. Most of my friends love it too granted you can here it about a mile away. Wleep be off to a locallyish snodeo that is for the first time this year.

Funny thing. My Dad has a 2002 Viper ER 700. He is getting used to how quiet his sled is. His former ride was a 600 XTL triple from Polaris and he also hears my mom's 500 Twin Polaris. So standing next to mine back in December he thought I had some sort of pipe or aftermarket muffler on my 600. The deep sounds it makes at idle gives me chills every time I hear it. Especially when the exhaust is hot. Mine is stock and besides new seals has not been touched.

Back